NJPW Dominion PPV Event Results (6/9): Osaka, Japan
Saturday, June 9, 2018
New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) recently held their Dominion Event which emanated from Osaka's Osaka-Jo Hall in Osaka, Japan. The show was highlighted by EVIL & SANADA defending their IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles against The Young Bucks, Will Ospreay defending his IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title against Hiromu Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito defending his IWGP Intercontinental Title against Chris Jericho and Kazuchika Okada defending his IWGP Heavyweight Title against Kenny Omega in the main event. Below are the results from the show:
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) def. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) by pinfall with a whiskey bottle to the head and a leg trap pinning predicament on SHO to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title.
- David Finlay & Juice Robinson def. Chaos (“Switchblade” Jay White & YOSHI-HASHI) by pinfall with Pulp Friction from Robinson on White.
- Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.) def. Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) by submission with the no-hands version of Ode to Jim Breaks from Sabre on Yano. After the match, Ishii attacks Suzuki and beats him down at ringside. Minoru evens the score, they paste each other with slaps, and the young lions have to pull them apart.
- Michael Elgin def. Hirooki Goto (c) & Taichi by pinfall with the Revolution Elgin Bomb on Taichi to win the NEVER Openweight Title.
- The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) (c) by pinfall with More Bang For Your Buck on SANADA to win the IWGP Tag Team Titles.
- Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page & Marty Scurll) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jushin Liger & Rey Mysterio Jr. by pinfall with Cross Rhodes from Cody on Liger.
- Hiromu Takahashi def. Will Ospreay (c) by pinfall with Time Bomb to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title.
- Chris Jericho def. Tetsuya Naito (c) by pinfall with a low blow and a Codebreaker to win the IWGP Intercontinental Title. After the match, Chris Jericho attacks Naito and whips him with his belt until EVIL makes the save. The King of Darkness runs Y2J off with his own belt.
- Kenny Omega def. Kazuchika Okada (c) in a 2 Out Of 3 Falls/No Time Limit Match to win the IWGP Heavyweight Title. Okada wins the first fall by pinfall, reversing a Rainmaker reversal into a rana pin. Omega wins the second fall by pinfall with One-Winged Angel. Kenny Omega wins the third and deciding fall by pinfall with One-Winged Angel, winning the IWGP Heavyweight Title. After the match, The Young Bucks come to the ring and Kenny makes a point of hugging them before even receiving the IWGP Heavyweight Title. Kota Ibushi joins the hug as well. Omega cuts a show-closing promo in Japanese first before switching to English, saying that every day people tell him he’s not the best, to play it safe, to stay calm and be tranquilo, but that’s not his way. He makes his own rules, lives life the way he wants, with his friends and lovers by his side, and that way he can do anything. But alas, he’s tired, he almost died, and he must bid us adieu. Before he can leave, Cody Rhodes comes back out, heads about halfway down the ramp before deciding he doesn’t want any part of this and leaves.