Spoilers For The May & June Episodes of NXT TV
Thursday, May 10, 2018
WWE recently held TV Tapings for the May & June Episodes of NXT TV which took place at Full Sail University in Orlando, FL. Below are the spoilers from the recent tapings:
- It was announced that Ricochet will be taking on The Velveteen Dream plus The Undisputed Era will be facing Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch & the WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne
May 16th Episode:
- Johnny Gargano's music hits but Tommaso Ciampa comes out. Ciampa says that Johnny won in New Orleans but he won the war. Candice LeRae comes out and asks who is Tommaso anymore. Candice says that she is tired of shedding tears over Ciampa's cruelty, and that while Johnny's future is in doubt, Ciampa will always know Johnny is better than him. Ciampa then says that he is more of a man than Johnny has ever been, and he knows that Candice was always more of a man that Johnny. Candice slaps Ciampa, and Ciampa smiles, and does his wave as he leaves the ring.
- Lacey Evans def. Brandi Lauren. Lauren is the former Ava Storie from Impact Wrestling. This was a quick squash match. Lacey hits a moonsault, stands Lauren up, and hits a punch for the win. After the match, Kairi Sane attacks Lacey on the ramp, runs her back to the ring, and goes up for the elbow, but Lacey rolls out and runs away.
- Ricochet vs. The Velveteen Dream ended in a No Contest. Ricochet goes for a dive but Dream slides back in, just as Ricochet hits the superhero pose and they stare each other down. They go back and forth until Lars Sullivan runs in and lays both men out.
- Kona Reeves def. Raul Mendoza. This was another quick match. Raul has control early, until Kona throws him face first into the turnbuckles. Raul fights back, but misses a springboard moonsault (that Kona was out of position for). Kona throws him shoulder first into the turnbuckles and hits a Samoan drop for the win.
- WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch def. The Undisputed Era (NXT North American Champion Adam Cole and NXT Tag Team Champions Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly). Undisputed Era take turns isolating Burch at the start. Burch takes control and makes the tag to Dunne, who goes to work on Strong. Pete goes for the finger break spot, Adam and Kyle run in to stop it, but get cut off by Oney & Danny and all three suffer the finger break. After a regroup, Cole gets the advantage on Dunne, and The Undisputed Era takes their turns wearing Dunne down. Pete fights back and hits a tag to Oney. Great sequence of near falls and breakups. Undisputed Era get trapped in submissions but Roddy kicks Oney off him, into Dunne, who falls into Burch, breaking up the submissions. Finish comes when Oney hits a double blockbuster on Kyle and Roddy, then Burch hits an elevated DDT on Kyle for the pin.
May 23rd Episode:
- Jonathan Coachman is shown in the front row wearing an NXT t-shirt.
- TM61 def. Heavy Machinery. Heavy Machinery dominate the opening part of the match. Tucker Knight ties Nick Miller up in a Final Cut position in the ropes and they use Shane Thorne as a battering ram into Nick. Shane tags in and hits an uppercut on Tucker, who had Nick rolled up and TM 61 take control and trade tags isolating Tucker. Tucker finally gets the tag to Otis Dozovic, who runs wild. Otis hits the worm, but Shane breaks up the pin. Otis goes up top and wipes off with Shane's towel and tosses it in the ring. While the referee is distracted by the towel, Shane knocks Otis off the ropes and Nick scores the pin with his feet on the ropes.
- Lacey Evans def. Kairi Sane. Kairi aggressively goes after Lacey at the start. They trade some stiff chops. Lacey takes control. Kairi ducks a kick and hits a blockbuster. Kairi hits the baseball slide elbow and rolls Lacey back into the ring. Kairi goes for a insane elbow off the top rope, but Lacey punches her out of the air and gets the pin.
- Candice LeRae & Johnny Gargano come out for a promo. Johnny is in a neck-brace and is solemn on his way to the ring. Johnny stops for a while to talk to some kids at ringside. Gargano says his body hurts everyday after what Ciampa did. He then says that he sat down with Candice and told her that it's time to start thinking about "our" future and if it's worth it. Crowd chants YES. Johnny asks again if it's worth it after the toll it's taken on his friends and family. Johnny then says that it's definitely worth it and rips off the neck-brace and calls out Ciampa to finish this, to the dismay of Candice. Ciampa comes out and Candice sprints away, returning with referees to keep them apart. Candice convinces Johnny to leave, but Ciampa talks trash and Johnny runs back and jumps on the apron, only to be knocked off and into Candice who slams into the ramp. Ciampa looks dismayed and bails through the crowd as Johnny helps Candice. Nigel McGuiness leaves the commentary table to check on them and help Candice to the back.
- Vanessa Borne def. Steffanie Newell. Vanessa worked over Newell's left arm for most of the match. Newell fights back with forearms and hits a crossbody for the 2. Borne throws Newell's bad arm into the ropes and hits a running swinging neck breaker for the pin.
- Cathy Kelley is backstage with Dakota Kai. Dakota has a title match with Shayna next week and says that she has let Shayna get into her head. Dakota calls her a bully, then Shayna interrupts, telling her that the only way this ends is with Dakota unconscious. Dakota says we'll see.
- Lars Sullivan def. Ricochet & The Velveteen Dream in a Handicap Match. Lars tosses Dream to the side at the start and he tags in Ricochet. Ricochet gets tossed as well and Dream gives him some strategy before tagging in. They double team Lars on each tag, but Lars eventually takes control. Dream and Ricochet hit stereo superkicks and both cover Lars, but just gets a 1. Lars again powers back and takes control. Lars destroys Dream, but he keeps kicking out at 2. Lars hits the diving headbutt to Dream's back as he reaches for a tag, and Ricochet breaks up the pin. Lars chases Ricochet around the ring, but Ricochet fights him off and Dream makes the tag. After a flurry of double team moves, Ricochet gets a near fall. Ricochet tags in as Dream does a springboard senton and hits a springboard 450, but Dream then lays Ricochet out with the chart-wheel DVD and leaves the ring, allowing Lars to hit the Freak Accident for the win.
May 30th Episode:
- Kassius Ohno def. Chad Lail. Ohno with some stiff chops and a boot to start. Lail hits a spinebuster and takes control. Ohno picks up the win with the High Tension Elbow.
- The War Raiders def. two local enhancement talents. This was a quick and brutal squash match. Hanson hits a springboard lariat on one guy while Rowe had him lifted for a suplex. Raiders hit Fallout for the win.
- Lacey Evans cuts a promo where she accepts a rematch with Kairi Sane. She then calls her punch finisher as "Women's Right."
- EC3 def. Fabian Aichner. There were loud NX3 chants at the start. EC3 pushes Aichner off the ropes as he goes for a springboard and he tumbles outside. As EC3 goes outside, Johnny Gargano comes out through the crowd with a contract, and grabs a mic, announcing it is a signed contract for Gargano vs Ciampa II at Takeover: Chicago in a Street Fight. Johnny leaves, and Fabian hits a crazy dive to EC3 and rolls him into the ring, but only gets a 2. EC3 then hits The One Percent for the win.
June 6th Episode:
- Kairi Sane def. Lacey Evans. Kairi is aggressive again at the start. Kairi hits a headscissors off the ropes. Lacey ends up taking control and wearing Kairi down. Lacey does a push-up on Kairi while covering her for a 2. Kairi dodges a moonsault and hits 3 spears and the Sliding D, then a diving forearm for a near fall. Kairi catches Lacey in an armbar after the kickout, but lets go as Lacey transitions to a pin. Kairi hits the Insane Elbow for the win.
- NXT Champion Aleister Black comes out for a promo. Black says since winning the title in New Orleans, it's been a trip. He then says that there is a dispute over his next contender, but it only takes one shot to make his opponents fade to black. Lars Sullivan interrupts and announces its Lars vs. Aleister for the NXT Championship in Chicago. Lars gives Aleister respect, but says that he has never faced anyone like him. Lars then says that he is going to beat him and there's nothing Aleister can do about it. Lars goes to attack but Aleister goes for Black Mass, but Lars grabs his leg with one hand and hits the Freak Accident to lay out Aleister. Lars poses with the belt over a fallen Black.
- Shayna Baszler def. Dakota Kai to retain the NXT Women's Title. Dakota is clearly intimidated as Shayna backs her into the corner. The referee admonishes Shayna and Dakota spins her around, but freezes. Shayna stomps On Dakota's leg and begins targeting her legs with kicks and holds. Shayna is just destroying her. Shayna gets an ankle lock, and Dakota makes it to the ropes. Shayna reapplies it, but Dakota fights back. Dakota hits her corner running kick and a face wash running boot. Dakota goes for a stomp, but Shayna flips her into her choke hold and gets the win. After the match, Shayna puts the choke back on, but Nikki Cross runs down for the save. Shayna looks confused and grabs her belt and leaves, but Nikki runs after her and steals the belt. Nikki challenges her to come get the belt, then grabs it and challenges Shayna to a match with Dakota as the referee. Nikki hands Dakota the title and as Shayna goes to get it, hits her swinging neckbreaker on Shayna. Dakota counts to 3 and gives Nikki the title and Nikki celebrates in the crowd as if she's the new champ. Referee Drake keeps trying to tell her it wasn't official. Nikki celebrates on the announce table with the belt and leaves it there. Shayna goes and retrieves it after Nikki leaves.