ROH 16th Anniversary PPV Show Results (3/9): Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday, March 9, 2018
Ring Of Honor presents it's 16th Anniversary Show which emanates from Sam's Town Live in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event is headlined by Dalton Castle defending the ROH World Title against Jay Lethal.
The show also features The Young Bucks teaming up with Adam Page as they defend their Six-Man Tag Team Titles against SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky), Marty Scurll taking on Punishment Martinez in a match that has World title implications and Cody facing The Kingdom’s Matt Taven.
Plus, the Women of Honor Championship Tournament rolls on with two big matches, one featuring WWE veterans Tenille Dashwood and Brandi Rhodes, the other pitting Sumie Sakai against Hana Kimura. Below are the results from the show:
- Sumie Sakai def. Hana Kimura to advance in the Women of Honor Championship Tournament on the Facebook Live pre-show. Sakai won with a rolling neck-breaker and was beaten down by Kimura and Kagetsu afterwards.
- Tenille Dashwood def. Brandi Rhodes to advance in the Women of Honor Championship Tournament on the Facebook Live pre-show. Brandi tried to feign a knee injury and win with an eye poke and Cross-rhodes, but Dashwood kicked out. Tenille eventually won with her Spotlight Kick.
- Bully Ray delivers a pep talk about how ROH is pro wrestling, not sports entertainment.
- Hiromu Takahashi def. Flip Gordon with the Time Bomb.
- Marty Scurll def. Punishment Martinez when he removed a bag out of his trunks which Martinez figured had powder in it. Because of this, he covered his face so Marty kicked him low (when the referee was turned) and then rolled him up for the win.
- Kenny King def. Silas Young with the Royal Flush to retain the ROH World TV Title. It should be noted that Young hit his Misery finisher earlier but the referee got knocked down and wasn’t able to count the pin in time. After the match, Austin Aries shows up and tells Kenny King that the ROH World TV Title is one he hasn’t won and he wants it.
- SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) def. The Hung Bucks (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & Adam Page) in a Vegas Street Fight to win the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles. It looked like Nick Jackson had it won with a 450 splash onto a trash can on top of Sky. However, Shane Taylor came out and pulled him up. With Taylor’s help, they zip tied Page to the ring post. Daniels held Nick out of the ring while Scorpio held a kendo stick against his neck as Kazarian locked in a Boston Crab, forcing Matt Jackson to tap. After the match, Vinny Marseglia and TK O’Ryan attacked The Hung Bucks until Bully Ray ran them off.
- Cody def. Matt Taven with the Crossroads. The referee went down and TK and Vinny returned and held up Cody for Matt to nail him in the groan. Bully Ray ran out to clear The Kingdom allowing Cody to hit Crossroads for the win. After the match, Cody celebrated with Brandy and the Drug Free Bear, who was really Kenny Omega. He shoved Cody and hit the V Trigger. Brandy got in his face and then forced a kiss on him.
- The Briscoes (Mark & Jay Briscoe) def. Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) with the Doomsday Device to win their 9th ROH World Tag Team Titles.
- Dalton Castle def. Jay Lethal with the Bangarang to retain the ROH World Title. Castle sold a right leg injury the entire match. Castle kicked out of the Lethal Injection at one point. After the match, Lethal shakes hands with Castle, even though he looks very dejected. He leaves and Marty Scurll makes his way to the ring to point at the title. The show comes to a close.