NJPW New Japan Cup 2018 Night One Results (3/9): Tokyo, Japan
Friday, March 9, 2018
NJPW recently held Night One of its New Japan Cup Event which emanated from Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan. The New Japan Cup is a sixteen-man single elimination tournament that spreads across nine shows where the winner earns a shot at any singles title of his choice.
Night one's action is headlined by two first round tournament matches, Michael Elgin vs. Tomohiro Ishii, and Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi, the winners of which will face off against each other in the quarterfinals. Below are the results from the show:
- Chaos (Chuckie T, Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano) def. David Finlay, Shota Umino & Tomoyuki Oka.
- Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer) def. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Tanga Loa).
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre, Jr.) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito).
- Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & Takashi Iizuka) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Toa Henare & Togi Makabe.
- Chaos (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI) def. Chase Owens & Kota Ibushi.
- Juice Robinson def. Yujiro Takahashi (New Japan Cup First Round Match).
- Michael Elgin def. Tomohiro Ishii (New Japan Cup First Round Match).
Night Two of NJPW's New Japan Cup takes place tomorrow as Bad Luck Fale faces Lance Archer and Hiroshi Tanahashi faces Taichi.