ROH Live: San Antonio Results; Amell Teams with Bullet Club
Sunday, November 19, 2017
ROH recently held a live event which emanated from San Antonio, Texas. Arrow star and one-time WWE SummerSlam performer Stephen Amell worked the event last Friday evening.
Below is the complete results from the ROH Live Event which emanated from San Antonio, Texas last Friday night:
- Cheeseburger def. Jastin Taylor. Cheeseburger won with a Shotei and a diving double stomp.
- Stephen Amell comes out as the guest host for the show. The Addiction quickly interrupts him, but Cody comes out to defend his buddy. Amell takes his jacket off to reveal an Arrow-inspired Bullet Club shirt. The Addiction proposes changing the two scheduled tag matches (The Addiction vs. Omega & Cody and The Young Bucks vs. Flip Gordon & Scorpio Sky) to The Addiction, Flip Gordon & Scorpio Sky vs. The Bullet Club. Cody accepts the proposal. During the promo, Cody points out that ROH's show sold out while NXT's didn't.
- Silas Young def. Josh Woods in a Survival of the Fittest First Round Match.
- Shane Taylor def. Beer City Bruiser in a Survival of the Fittest First Round Match. This was a very good match. Taylor wins with a hard punch.
- Punishment Martinez def. Jay Lethal in a Survival of the Fittest First Round Match. Martinez hits his sit-out chokeslam to get the win. Marty Scurll, who is facing Jay Lethal at Final Battle comes out during the match and offers his umbrella to Jay Lethal as a weapon. Lethal instead hits Scurll with the umbrella.
- The Kingdom (Matt Taven, Vinny Marseglia & TK O'Ryan) def. Search and Destroy (Motor City Machine Guns & Jonathan Gresham). Taven cradles Gresham for the win after blocking a Shooting Star Press with his knees.
- Deonna Purrazzo def. Britt Baker in a Women of Honor Match. Purrazzo picks up the win by submitting Baker with a Fujiwara armbar.
- Rey Cometa & Esfinge def. The Dawgs (Rhett Titus & Will Ferrara). This was a wild match, with the crowd very into the CMLL guys. Esfinge pins Ferrara with a lucha cradle.
- ROH World Television Champion Kenny King def. Joey Ryan to retain his title. They had a typical Joey Ryan match before King retains with the Royal Flush.
- Dalton Castle def. Marty Scurll. Castle hits the Bang-a-Rang to get the win.
- Bullet Club (Cody, Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks & Stephen Amell) def. The Addiction, Flip Gordon & Scorpio Sky. This match was a five-on-four match with Amell becoming an official participant. He did a lot, including a dive to the floor and being put through a table by Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian. He looked good for a non-wrestler.
Gordon stopped Daniels from using a chair, which led to a brawl. Gordon and Sky then abandons The Addiction. The finish was a double Indytaker as Omega and Nick Jackson did the move to Kazarian, while Matt Jackson and Amell did the move on Daniels.
Bullet Club did their usual post-match promo, referencing the NXT show in Texas. Omega then said that he and Cody were going back to the autograph table to sign for all of the fans who they couldn't get to earlier which ended the segment and the show.